First you need to configure a plotter:
- In AutoCad, Under FILE menu, open
the Plotter Manager
- When the Plotter Manager window opens,
double click on Add-A-Plotter Wizard
- Select My Computer and click NEXT
- The plotter Model window will open,
Under Manufacturer, select Hewlett-Packard
- Under Models select DesignJet 650C
- Model 2859B. Click NEXT
- The Import Pcp or Pc2 window will
open, just click NEXT
- The PORTS window will open. On the
upper right side, select PLOT TO FILE. Click NEXT
- The Plotter Name window will come
up. You can leave the name as it is or you can name it something easier for
you to remember, like "Dean's Plotter." Click NEXT
- The Plotter has been added to AutoCad
Next you need to edit the plotter
configuration for the device settings to be correct for your output:
- Select FILE menu > Plotter Manager
- In Plotter Manager, double-click
the plotter that you just added.
- Select the "Device & Documents
- Select the plus sign next to "Graphics"
- Select "Vector Graphics."
In the resolution & color depths section, choose the color depth drop-down
menu and select "255 virtual pens" and select either the color or
monochrome button, depending on whether you are going to be using black &
white or greyscale output.
- Select "Modify Standard
Paper Sizes" (printable area)
- Select the paper size you will be
using and click "modify." Custom Paper sizes will be displayed.
- Change all margin settings to 0.00
- Click Finish
Copyright 2000 - Dean's Superior Blueprint Inc. http://www.deansblueprint.com
Large Format Plot & Color Output E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Architectural & Engineering
PH: 217-359-3261 Fax: 217-359-1515
404 East University Avenue, Champaign, IL 61820